Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure & Operations (MCIO) powers Microsoft’s Cloud services. Our team is responsible for dynamic and automated capacity management for Microsoft Cloud. This is accomplished through a scalable and distributed system that will enable us to continuously model the planned Cloud capacity and automatically adjust the provisioning and consumption rate of cloud infrastructure resources. Our solutions employ machine learning, change modelling, automation of business processes and logistics, real-time data collection and analysis, prioritization of resource allocations, and other techniques to efficiently deliver customer promise around infinite cloud resources.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who is passionate about solving large business optimization problems at scale and develop a new class of services. If you are comfortable working in a start-up like environment in the initial phase of a complex system, and you are motivated by solving hard business problems with technology then, this could be the position for you.
- Help with statistical modelling of various systems and generating/applying various forecasts
- Participate in the architecture, design reviews for the new capacity management system.
- Help define the characteristics and implementation details of the new capacity management system.
- Help the Capacity Management team deliver on the specific goals.
- Improve the team culture and apply best practices in your day to day work.
- 2+ years experience developing statistical models related to systems OR Services OR Cloud OR Infrastructure
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred
- 2+ years as an experienced Data Scientist/SDE who worked on modelling large scale systems
- 2+ year in distributed services, comfortable with large scale data collection, aggregation and analysis
- Proven track record for working on complex projects
- Preferable high scale services.
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and industry trends
- Strong problem solving and communication skills, self-driven and long-term strategic thinker
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.