Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for Data Scientist. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Work with Science team members to further enhance models written in the R/SparkR language by parallelizing code and/or rewriting portions of it to make sure the algorithm can execute in a production such as Azure.
- Own the responsibility to implement new models created in conjunction with or by the science teams and be responsible to taking it to production.
- Work with the ETL team to determine data needs to support data flow to deployed algorithms.
- Work with data scientist to develop and build data pipeline for models developed by data scientists.
- Participate in the Agile process and meet goals/deadlines.
- Participate in R maintenance and upgrades as necessary.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Be willing to portions of large projects and be accountable for time-sensitive deliverables.
- R language development: Must have a minimum 3 years of experience developing, deploying, and managing analytics models in Microsoft Azure environment.
- Experience in performance tuning of R code.
- Strong knowledge SparkR within Microsoft Azure environment.
- Working knowledge of the statics of linear models: linear regression, logistics regression, etc.
- Good understanding of machine learning alogorithms.
- R/SparkR programming (primarily, especially SparkR).
- Python/pyspark programming is a bonus.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Building machine learning models, deployment, and maintenance.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant equivalent experience. Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.