Oracle is seeking data scientists at all levels to work on the next generation of cloud-based data-driven applications. These applications will use data from Oracle's Data Cloud, social media and other sources to drive automated outcomes in a number of horizontal and vertical application segments.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining and machine learning techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our apps.
This is an exciting emerging venture for Oracle, leveraging latest technology in the mobile, big data and cloud application spaces.
Considering that this is an emerging venture within Oracle, successful candidates should be able to:
- Solve problems in robust and creative ways and demonstrate solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Work in an environment with a significant number of unknowns - both technically and functionally. Inherent in such a new venture.
- Collaborate across a number of development teams as we leverage technology and solutions from them to deliver our applications
- Work globally in a geographically dispersed team
Technically we are seeking brilliant and diverse individuals with exposure (but not limited) to some of the following:
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, we like scikit-learn
- Great communication skills
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL,
- Experience with NoSQL databases, we use HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills Data-oriented personality
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 10-12 years in Data Science, Machine Learning, Quant Analyst or similar related experience (Kaggle).
- Experience managing small teams of data scientists.
This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and work on a new exciting venture within Oracle and within a really talented, global engineering community.Qualifications:
Leads a team of people who design, develop and program methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Plans, manages, and controls the activities of a team that interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in an effort to integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Advises business groups by providing strategic direction to initiative prioritization, integration and resource application. Ensures that policies and procedures align with corporate vision. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations is important. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail and ability to multitask. Ability to travel as needed. Demonstrated leaderships skills. BA/BS degree or equivalent. Advanced degree desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.