Do you get excited about gaining new insights & business intelligence based on data? Are you passionate about working with Big Data to solve critical business problems? Welcome to the Windows Active Defense team, which protects hundreds of millions of customers from malware and other malicious software every day through consumer & enterprise protection products in addition to protection integrated into the Windows operating system. The team is heavily investing in data science to disrupt the malware ecosystem. We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to help the organization on achieve its business objective. In this role, you will have significant impact on business and customers through working with our engineering and research teams to help improve Defender and smart screen protection levels against malware, URL and App reputation - overall protecting the Windows ecosystem.
• Understand data/ instrumentation needs and/or mine through
data to unearth deep insights .
• Proven capability to deliver end-to-end analyses by asking the
right questions, extracting data, building predictive models,
and making results actionable.
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with an ability to
communicate their ideas, insights and complicated analysis
• Proven track record of problem solving and using experiment
driven approaches .
• Experience with large scale distributed databases and
computing systems like COSMOS, Hadoop, or HDInsight
• Advanced degree in quantitative field such as mathematics,
statistics, computer science, or engineering with an emphasis
on statistical analysis methods
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, data connections,
statistical functions, etc.)
• Expertise in predictive analytics/statistical modeling/data
mining algorithms (clustering, regression, multivariate testing,
classification) is a big plus
• Expertise with statistical software packages like R, MatLab,
NumPy, SciPy, or SAS is a nice to have.
Basic Qualifications :
● 2+ years of data science or data analysis experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.