Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction. Key Responsibilities
- Supports the design and development of program methods, processes and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse 'big data' sources
- Supports ad-hoc statistical and data mining analysis, using statistical tools like R, SAS and MATlab
- Interfaces with internal customers for requirements analysis and compiles data for scheduled or special reports and analysis
- Supports project teams to develop analytical models, algorithms and automated processes, applying SQL understanding and PHP or Python programming, to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets.
- Supports the timely development of products for manufacturing and process information by applying sophisticated data analytics
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 - 4 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.