Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
User Experience Performance and Scalability Team
We are passionate about the user experience of Workday application. Despite the complexity and sophistication of the enterprise business processes we enable, we believe the user experience should be as simple and compelling as a consumer application. The Performance team works closely with all of UX engineering to keep Workday User Interface running smoothly and efficiently.
We have immediate openings for Data Scientists to analyze Workday's rich and extensive datasets and produce analytics that drive and measure progress against performance and scalability goals. Your work will inform critical product and operational decisions, and will also be built into the product to directly improve customer experience. Responsibilities:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our applications.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Design visualization systems for tracking performance metrics and trends over an extended period of time
- Transform large, complex, disparate, raw data sets into quantifiable relationships and actionable insights.
- Partner with engineering teams to develop best in class processes and techniques to leverage data sciences across UX
- Professional experience analyzing large-scale complex data sets, modeling, and productizing machine learning algorithms
- Proficiency in statistical analytics and machine learning algorithms especially for supervised and unsupervised methods
- Proficiency in at least one high level programming language like Java, Scala or Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R, SAS)
- Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, econometrics, or related fields
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.