Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The ideal candidates are problem solvers, equipped with strong analytical & quantitative skills suited to address key strategic needs for Visa's clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants.
Adept at creative and critical thinking, they are able to deconstruct problems and transform insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions. Candidates must be quick learners with a strong sense of personal responsibility. Responsibilities
- Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Hadoop Ecosystem, Apache Spark, SAS, through scripting in Python, SQL, Java etc.
- Hands-on skills in cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing and modeling large data sets
- Data Cleaning/Transformation â€" This involve parsing and aggregating messy, incomplete, and unstructured data sources to produce data sets that can be used in analytics/predictive modeling
- Enhance and optimize codes that scale critical business processes
- Develop and validate advance data mining tools, algorithms, and other capabilities to solve business problem
- Transform data/ analysis to a business language
- Continuously develop and present innovative ideas based on data driven approach in order to improve current business practices within Visa
- MS in engineering, computer science, statistics, or other related fields with 3+ years of experience required
- 3+ years' experience with the ability to come up with practical algorithms and write high quality code quickly for analyzing gigabyte to terabyte-scale data
- Understanding of algorithms and ability to optimize various program complexities using suitable data structures
- Working knowledge in at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C++) and expertise in one dynamic scripting language (Python preferably). Comfortable with shell scripting in Linux/ Unix environment
- Familiarity with REST APIs, query endpoints, and web crawling techniques etc. is a plus
- Experience Data Mining or Statistics (SAS, SAS E. Miner, SAS E. Guide)
- Experience with using distributed computing technologies, including Hadoop (MapReduce, PIG, Hive) and Spark to write data analytic processing jobs both in batch and streaming against structured and unstructured data
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines
- Experience designing and building new tools. Ability to re-use existing experience to develop new production-ready solutions
- Quick-thinker, fast learner, wide general knowledge, problem solver
- Team worker, responsible, delivery-oriented
- Excellent spoken and written English. Spanish is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.