Responsible for analytical supportand statistical modeling for the purpose of maximizing revenue. Accountable for driving valuable fact-based and quantitative consumer insights from internal systems and to synthesize key findings which inform business and strategic marketing strategies.
Data scientists interprets and apply data in analyses, and explain findings to business audiences typically, to improve products and processes. Projects support business decision making for multiple business functions. Develops and executes statistical and mathematical predictive model solutions to business problems. Frames problems then determines intended approach and quantitative methods to develop solution.
Degree or equivalent work experiencepreferred
- Master's degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics
- Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics
- Minimum 8 years experience in related field
- This position requires five to seven plus years of customer analytics, modeling techniques such as regression, decision trees, data mining, neural networks, and clustering required. Knowledge of database marketing experience across online and offline marketing, including integrated marketing measurement techniques. Experience in a large corporation or consulting firm practicing marketing strategies, modeling, CRM and management sciences/statistics is highly desired.
- Experience with data mining (S.E.M.M.A), data preparation, consolidation, imputation, transformation, interaction, variable reduction, linear and logistic multivariate regression modeling, decision tree modeling, post mortems, and manipulating data and modeling using SAS Enterprise Guide and Enterprise Miner. SQL knowledge is required. MS office products, Teradata knowledge is a plus.
- Works with marketing business units on special projects relating to formulating data driven solutions and analyzing core marketing data involving business activity. Ability to multitask and to balance competing priorities. Strong project management, verbal and written communication skills. Highly analytical, quantitative presentation skills and excellent strategic thinking and leadership skills are required.
- Data Mining and Predictive modeling
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace – whether your workplace is an office, home, school or car.