Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description Want to learn more? Click "apply now" above to get in touch!
We are the ML Services, Applications and Platform team in Workday. Our focus is on the practical application of search, machine learning, statistical analysis and distributed computing. Workday is the Cloud based SaaS company providing industry leading solutions in the space of HR, Financial, Workforce planning and Learning for more than 30% of the Fortune 500. We leverage this incredibly diverse dataset to build data-driven products with ML at its core to help the world's largest organizations uncover useful insights and make strategic decisions about their people, finances and business.
As a data scientist, you will get to work on very interesting problem areas like Recommendation Systems, Natural Language Processing/Understanding, Deep Learning for OCR, Search Ranking and Relevance among others. With datasets and problems ranging from various domains like HR to Finance, from Student to Workforce planning, you will always find plenty of room for creative problem solving, innovation and opportunity to make impact to thousands of customers and millions of people.
This is a unique opportunity to utilize Workday's vast computing resources on rich and extensive data-sets, work with world class engineers and facilitate the design, development and deployment of the analytics platform and products. Excited? Here's more. In this role, you shall:
We would love to discuss your:
- Work with product managers to formulate the ML product vision and design
- Propose statistical or machine learning based model/methodology to solve the problem
- Propose accuracy measures and validation criteria for the model
- Implement and evaluate proposed model/methodology
- Communicate the results and methodology effectively within the team and to external stakeholders
- Participate in design and implement of end-to-end solutions for Workday customers
What we offer:
- 5 - 10 years of experience in Applied Machine learning or Applied stats
- Proven track record of analyzing large-scale complex data sets, modeling and machine learning algorithms
- In depth understanding of statistical analytics techniques and machine learning algorithms
- Expertise in at least one high level programming language like Java, Scala, C++ or Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- Expertise in at least one statistical modeling tools from among R, Matlab or Weka
- Experience with Hadoop/YARN/Mesos/Spark/Elasticsearch/Kafka and building applications end-to-end is plus
- Educational background in a relevant field (Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics)
- Operations Research, Physics, Computational Biology, or other quantitative fields with relevant experience in Applied Machine Learning or Applied statistics
Learn more about Workday:
- Opportunity to make an impact on industry-leading projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Full medical, dental, vision for FTE roles
- Employer-matching 401k
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Paid baby bonding / parental leave
- Adoption reimbursement
- Back-up child and elderly daycare
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthy snack program
- Fitness rooms
- Short walk of BART transit
Workday's Technology Platform and Development Process (whitepaper):
http://bit.ly/wdaytechdev Workday Technology and Innovation Blog:
http://blogs.workday.com/category/technology-innovation/ EVP of Development Explains Technology behind Workday's Innovative Applications (YouTube):
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.