Data Scientist – Predictive Analytics 00407B Nashville, TN
Schneider Electric’s Customer Transformation Team is looking to hire a Data Scientist to help uncover data insights, build predictive models, and provide prescriptive recommendations leading to an overall improvement in our customer’s satisfaction, retention and revenue growth.
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With a global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
This Data Scientist will be responsible for leading and executing predictive modeling projects, with an end goal of providing specific operational recommendations, which when put to action will improve the customer’s experience. They will be expected to provide novel data insights and interpretations of data based on sound statistical practices. They will collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders to develop a clear and well-rounded picture, making it easy for everyone to understand, trust and apply the results of their sophisticated statistical processes. What do you get to do in this position?
- Drive and execute predictive and prescriptive modeling projects prompted by business needs and/or unprompted independent research.
- Help cleanse data for analysis by providing an assessment of data quality using descriptive statistics and basic visuals
- Leverage advanced statistical analysis, including data reduction techniques and machine learning, to create predictive and prescriptive models
- Prepare and present visualizations and stories that make it easy for everyone to understand, trust, and apply the results of the predictive and prescriptive models
- Validate and continually prove the effectiveness of predictive and prescriptive models
- Use automation tools to routinely apply models to data and provide validation
- Remain on the cutting edge of the Data Science field by researching new techniques and best practices within the industry
- MS in engineering or technical field, preferably in Data Science or Applied Mathematics
- 5 years of related industry experience; satisfaction and other customer transactional data sets
- Independent self-starter with 3 years building, validating, and implementing predictive and prescriptive models
- Able to develop project plans for advanced statistical projects, meet milestones and achieving deliverables
- Strong learner capable of coming up to speed quickly with new technologies
- Fluency in one or more languages such as R, SAS, SPSS, SQL, and Python
- Must enjoy solving problems, troubleshooting and finding solutions to complex and ambiguous customer issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional level of organization
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such. Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.