In this highly visible role, you will serve as a key leader driving enhanced value through improved delivery of insights through analytics, improved visualization and statistical analyses as part of an Enterprise-wide initiative. The position will be responsible for leading and performing analytics as well as developing Pharmacy analytics solutions and reporting products focused on empowering business teams across retail pharmacy to drive innovation in our business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience with statistical programming (SAS, R, Python, etc.) with some exposure to advanced statistical and data science concepts (machine learning, classification, data clustering, time series forecasting, etc.)
- The technical ability to get their hands dirty and do analytics work as well as lead and consult on analytic projects.
- This position performs hands-on analytics on a daily basis through both coding and BI data visualization (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience with SQL and other tools for wrangling data into shape for analytic purposes.
- Knowledge and experience with Hadoop and web API’s for processing and retrieving and integrating data is a plus.
- The vision and purpose to drive meaningful business impact through the identification and delivery of analytics and improved analytic processes.
- The ability to lead impactful conversations with senior leadership in both business and technical spheres with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and influence skills - your success will depend on working closely with both business stakeholders and technical IT solutions teams.
A day in the life of this position involves:
- Rapidly developing deep understanding of data and processes across multiple lines of business
- Coding SQL or SAS to perform analytic work that answers business questions and impacts the direction of business decisions
- Pulling and aggregating data
- Delivering data-driven results slide presentations and business recommendations
- Developing data visualizations and BI dashboards (including self-service BI for non-technical colleagues)
- Working with other data scientists and analysts to create new analyses and shed new light on existing ones
- Leading efforts to embed analytics in business processes which currently use more standard reporting
- Providing analytics thought leadership in Enterprise Analytics and Retail Pharmacy
- Collaborating with different groups across Retail Pharmacy to standardize best practices and reporting through development and roll-out of standard calculations and metrics
- Supporting the development and maintenance of documentation (including data dictionaries/wiki/process) that enables self-service support for business users of analytic solutions
- Providing suggestions on possible need for governance policies and processes
- Working with IT to transition analytic projects into production solutions
- Developing predictive models and machine learning algorithms to inform business decisions
A little about us: