We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Essential Job Functions
- This position is a true Data Scientist role
- Contributes to the development and implementation of predictive analytics through the application of advanced statistical and analytical techniques in order to deliver data driven insights supporting business objectives.
- Develop various programs including predictor and response variable programs.
- Communicate models to audiences outside of department; coordinate with business leads to develop understanding, engagement, and branding.
- Contribute to the development of new modeling techniques and procedures.
- Continuously deepen knowledge of insurance industry practices across multiple disciplines.
- Review programs to ensure they conform to quality standards.
- Under general direction, use appropriate modeling techniques to address business needs. Contribute to the continuous improvement of the modeling process.
- Support preparation of internal/external, structured/unstructured data sets to build/rebuild/refresh predictive models.
- Predictive Modeling
Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred. Experience Requirements
Special Skill Requirement
- 5 years of experience AFTER Maters/PHD in related field
- Advanced experience with programming and database tools such as Python, R, SQL, C++, Java and SAS.
- 3 years post degree working experience and pervious job title/description should be data scientist which includes building predictive models.
- Must have experience in a Data Scientist role, including predictive modeling experience (this experience is excluding internships and academic project )
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- Advanced understanding of statistical and predictive modeling techniques such as machine learning, Text Mining, decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, and neural networks and their application to business decisions.
A little about us: