• Plan, Develop, Test, and Document software for connecting devices and other software products to the JCI Cloud and Data Platform
• Act as a Security Champion and educator on Identity and Access Management (IAM) issues
• Hands on with RESTful API design and back-end programming
• Work with other software developers to embed protocols and libraries in JCI products, and with our partner's products
• Work with Product Management to define product features, and with our organization to communicate features to our sales channels, support organizations, and our customers
• Occasional travel will be required
Skills and Qualifications:
• BS in Computer Science/Electrical or Computer Engineering, or has a degree and demonstrated technical abilities in similar areas.
• Strong software architecture and design skill
• Has strong written skills and the ability to effective communicate technical analyses and results to technical and non-technical audiences as appropriate.
• Deep knowledge of HTTP, REST, OAuth, JWT, and other standards in the web API ecosystem
• Demonstrable knowledge and skills with security, authentication, and authorization in distributed systems and the web
• Experience with SQL and multiple Relational Database Management Systems
• Experience with systems programming on Linux/Unix or Windows
• Hands-on experience with public clouds such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or the Google Cloud Platform.
• Experience with NoSQL or alternative data storage systems
• Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, or Azure EventHubs
• Experience with IoT products
• Experience with a leading API Management platform (e.g. Apigee, Mashery)
• Familiarity with front-end web development and single-page HTML5 applications
• Mobile application development, native or hybrid.
• Software development for embedded systems
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.