Oracle is growing its startup Cloud Infrastructure engineering organization in downtown Seattle, focused on creating new Cloud (IaaS) services from scratch - compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an expanding set of foundational services, operating at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team of highly regarded tech industry veterans in a greenfield venture, using a fresh approach and cutting edge technologies to build an innovative new cloud platform. We are seeking a driven, and seasoned data science manager with strong expertise in all of the data warehousing technical components such as Extract Transform Load (ETL), Data Modeling and Reporting, infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. You should have extensive experience with Star Schemas, Dimensional Models, and integration of business intelligence and analytics software such as Tableau. You will be expected to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL design and mappings. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the candidate will work very closely with diverse teams such as Business Planning, Product Management, and Engineering. The data tools you build will help drive the review of KPIs and key metrics for the Cloud Infrastructure Business. You will lead a team of data science engineers to quickly develop a BI solution and iterate on it over time. You should have a solid understanding of efficient and scalable data mining and an ability to use the data in financial and statistical modeling. You will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with highly technical development teams. You must have the experience and capability to prepare documentation for senior executives and align your roadmap with Oracle's strategic objectives. Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- * Design, implement and support a data warehouse platform for Oracle's cloud business
- * Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions
- * Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- * Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- * Design and plan for the integration for all data warehouse technical components
- * Responsible for data design, data extracts and transforms
- * Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems
- * Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a * sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- * Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or technical field
- * 7 years of experience with and detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures
- * 7 years of experience with relational data modeling concepts
- * Strong background of recruiting and retaining top data science talent
- * Experience in relational database concepts with knowledge of Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL
- * Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- * Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
Leads a team of people who design, develop and program methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Plans, manages, and controls the activities of a team that interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in an effort to integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Advises business groups by providing direction to initiative prioritization, integration and resource application. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas or sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. BA/BS degree preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.