You will be responsible for working within Johnson Controls' Data Enabled Business to identify opportunities for new growth and efficiency based on data analysis. The data scientist role will work closely with platform engineering and product management, and Data Enabled Offerings and solution engineering to integrate results into operational platforms, including modern data processing ecosystem including Hadoop and NoSQL architectures.
You will be a member of a team that delivers contemporary analytics solutions for all Johnson Controls Product Business. You will be executing data science driven projects as we build out capabilities and our architecture.
• Work on all stages of data science projects from understanding data to implementing the solutions into products and service offerings
• Develop strong relationships with business, application and platform development team members by being proactive, displaying a thorough understanding of the business/product development processes and by recommending innovative solutions
• Provide data modeling, mining, pattern analysis, data visualization and machine learning solutions to address manufacturing and integrated supply chain needs
• Communicate project output in terms of customer value, business objectives, and product opportunity
• Promote data science methods and processes across functions
• Attend industry conferences to stay current on industry trends, challenges, and potential market opportunities
• Masters or Ph.D. degree in Predictive Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Economics, Marketing Analytics, Mathematics,
• Hand-on experience with modeling/development software (R, Python, SPSS)
• Must be an expert in programming and data structure modeling
• Must know and has hand-on experience in AI and Machine Learning including statistical learning, reinforcement learning, and Deep Learning (RNN, LSTM, AutoEnoder and CNN).
• Signal processing background is plus
• Experience with project leadership
• Experience bringing prototypes to production on Hadoop and/or NoSQL platforms
• Experience with text analytics
• Experience working with remote and global teams
• Results driven with a positive can do attitude
• Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills
• Highly team oriented
• Ability to work collaboratively with development/implementation staff through the design and build of new business processes and systems
• In depth understanding of best-in-class model and data configuration and development processes
• Understanding of data science trends and future state technologies
• Ability to travel - up to 10%. Higher percentage (up to 25%) preferred but not required.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.