The Data Security Consultant will be a key performer and critical team member in delivering and leading IBM Data Security projects across some of the most exciting clients in North America. The candidate will help develop long term Data Security strategies that develop a vision for clients over 3-5 year horizons. You will be integral in implementing and establishing supporting security programs around Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Database Activity Monitoring, Tokenization/Encryption, Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), and data discovery technologies. You will help drive a data-centric protection agenda for clients that is tool agnostic, bringing the best that IBM and its strategic partners have to offer around Data Security to clients.
- Effective writing, communication and presentation skills
- The ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model with minimal oversight and direction
- Self starter mentality
- Ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills
- Must be able to draw upon professional concepts to collaborate with others to carry out assigned duties
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
- Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve
- demonstrated analytical skills
Data Security Skills:
- Understanding of concepts involving Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Encryption/Tokenization, Database Activity Monitoring technologies for clients to help address risk and to enhance our clients' security posture.
- Will have the ability to help architect solutions for customers.
- Ability to work with clients to understand requirements and problem-sets and design solutions to address their Data Security needs.
- Willingness to learn new technology and explore the Data Security product space and assess technology from vendors.
Must be willing to be in an operational role that requires on-call rotation and occasional holiday support. Must live or be willing to relocate to Austin, TX or Atlanta, GA along with willingness to travel 50-75% in North America depending on client requirements.