Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is looking for a Data Security Leader to manage and champion the Data Security team, leading initiatives to mitigate threats to data exposure, develop and deploy world class capabilities and countermeasures for PayPal.
- Leader of the Data Security team, including multiple cross functional capabilities across the company, driving reduction of data exposure risks.
- Responsible for the data security architecture analysis, design and implementation (oversight) for PayPal data security and protection.
- Directly and indirectly manages highly skilled and experienced Security and Data Platform Architects developing Strategy, Architecture, execution, operations and measurement of capabilities.
- Works across and the company to address data security threats.
- Manages and leads team to deliver on key capabilities in Data Protection
- Able to formulate and deliver on solutions to complex problems in large and diverse technology landscape with multiple teams.
- Drives development and designs/solutions involving integration of varied security technologies and products to meet business objectives.
- Ability to take on complex situations and challenges with focus on the overall solution and future.
- Demonstrated strength at leading all phases of the Product Lifecycle - from setting the vision, to roadmap planning, requirements capture, project definition, execution and operational excellence.
- Ability to navigate Business, Product and Technology environments -understands complex Business and Product requirements, knows what to prioritize and create winning platform designs in partnership with Engineering, Architecture leads and delivery teams.
- Reaches across team boundaries, disciplines, organizations, countries and cultures to collaborate and deliver solutions
- Communicate shared outcomes, simply and easily, especially in complex situations.
- Can thrive in an environment where success depends on a high degree of cross-functional collaboration to solve complex problems.
- Great at managing distributed resources in different physical locations and time zones
- Passion for data protection, understanding ongoing data technologies, data security lifecycle and trends
- Works with team to analyze problem space, provide recommendations to protect information against unauthorized modification or loss, drives roadmap creation to execution, measurement and operations.
- Advises leadership about data security related risks and decisions; able to articulate and metric risks versus results, gaps and solutions.
- Supports the assessment of PayPal Applications, Products and platforms to ensure that appropriate security functions have been included in the system's architecture design.
- Ensures architecture designs address security compliance with executive, legislative, regulatory and company mandates affecting information systems security across multiple customer programs.
- Maintains current knowledge of modern software architecture, data platforms and data architecture, data security design best practices and implementation.
- Strong, experienced and effective People Manager
- Proven leadership in Data Security space with knowledge and experience around key data protection requirements, data lifecycle management, data platform knowledge and information security leadership.
- At least 5-7 years' experience with SQL/ NoSQL platforms, messaging and event processing, big data platforms such as Hadoop. Experience with predictive technologies or recommender systems is a plus.
- Crypto/PKI skills, knowledge and experience a plus.
- At least 10 years of proven experience managing complex information security projects.
- Strong working knowledge of Financial Services regulatory and statutory security requirements
- Strong knowledge of modern data architecture, application architecture and cloud/virtualized computing models.
- Experience supporting business development efforts that require a significant information security component.
- Strong relationship, management, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to strike the right balance between risk and business agility.
- Ability to work easily with multiple internal and external partners, build consensus to implement, drive to reach closure and manage expectations about delivery.
- Business acumen: Knows how business works; is knowledgeable about current and future policies, practices, trends, technology and information relating to information security.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.