LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and everyday millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for a Data Services Solution Architect to join our HR Technology Team. The HR Technology Team designs and develops mission-critical, cross functional internal, and external integrations through a diverse integration technology. You are an adaptable professional who can turn broad and ambiguous business requirements into scalable and self-managing solutions. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, team environment solutioning high profile initiatives. The ability to independently manage multiple work streams in a dynamic environment is essential, as are knowledge of master data management, ETL and data warehouse, integrations, and data standards in combination with a technical background in which solutions are developed. R esponsibilities
- Provide expertise and leadership in solutions and architectures for data integrations, data pipelines and core data models that are efficient, reliable, scalable and easily operated by both analysts and data tools.
- Gather requirements, define the business case for solutions, design the solution to help with prototyping and development, and take solution through to launch and market.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud and on-premise integrations across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers and stakeholders.
- Provide customer and stakeholder feedback to the product and engineering teams, and influence product and platform direction.
- Work with upstream and downstream engineering and development teams to improve and expand data collection and auditing.
- Assist with implementing standard operating procedures, facilitate review sessions with functional owners and end-user representatives, leverage technical knowledge and expertise to drive improvements.
- Evaluate new technologies that best suit the analytic needs of the team.
- B.S. degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or a similar quantitative field
- 3+ years of work experience in relevant field (Data Engineer, ETL Engineer, Software Engineer, etc)
- Experience with software architecture, design patterns of data integrations, security and transmission
- Experience with integration design and development using Web Services, SOAP, and middleware; XML XSLT and SQL
- Experience with building data services and design principles
- Experience with documenting architecture through functional modeling, workflow diagrams, and data flow diagrams
- Experience in customer facing roles, leading technical architecture and application design discussions with customers and stakeholders.
- Experience with a major programming language (e.g. Java/C) and/or a scripting language (Shell/Perl/Python) in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with object and data modeling
- Experience with open-source databases, tools and variants (such as Postgres, MySQL etc.)
- M.S. degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or a similar quantitative field
- Experience with Workday Integration Technologies (EIB, Studio)
- Experience with scalable service architecture and design
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience
- Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful
- Highly self-driven, execution-focused, with a willingness to do "what it takes to deliver results, as you will be expected to rapidly cover a considerable amount of ground
- Demonstrated experience resolving complex business and application problems
- Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
- Must be able to work cross-functionally
- Strong SQL skills
- Above all else, must be equal parts data-driven and results-driven
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.