About Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Recognized nationally for quality and safety, it has an 'A' from The Leapfrog Group and has been voted a "Family Favorite" hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
The Emergency Medicine Team are dedicated, healthcare providers with excellent services for patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now. Schedule:
0.01, Per Diem, Shift:
Variable, as needed Internal Posting Period:
September 18, 2017 - September 25, 2017
Under general supervision, and according to general policies and procedures, the Data Specialist provides secretarial and administrative support services for Director of Emergency Services. Perform moderately complex secretarial duties including preparing correspondence, reports, and monitors department budget. Use discretion and judgment when screening visitors and telephone calls, editing materials and organizing own workload to meet established priorities.Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Ability to read and write in order to proof and edit non-routine correspondence, tables, forms and the like for punctuation, spelling, grammar and typographical errors and draft correspondence, perform arithmetic calculations, and maintain record keeping and filing Systems at a level normally acquired through completion of high school.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant technical discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
• Proficient in statistical and narrative typing. Able to type 65 wpm / dictaphone transcription skills at 85 wpm.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
- Superior telephone, communication, and interpersonal skills to interact effectively and positively with people. Ability to show understanding, patience, and tact when dealing with physicians, staff, and the public.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to handle non-routine, moderately complex administrative details.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for 50 to 80 percent of work time when filing, typing and proofing materials.
- Ability to walk and stand for up to ten percent of work time when distributing department mail and other materials.
- Computer literate with in-depth knowledge, experience to operate word processing, data bases, graphics, and spreadsheets in order to generate reports. Ability to learn and operate KRONOS, Meditech, Excel, Word and a patient care management system.
- Ability to work independently, exercise judgment, follow instructions and maintain a high level of professional conduct.
- Three years progressively more responsible related work experience necessary in order to gain thorough understanding of system and department policies, procedures and operations to perform moderately complex administrative duties such as coordinating meetings and conferences, budget development, complex computer and database management skills, and interacting with system-wide with callers, patients, and the public.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom