About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Define and lead the implementation of a comprehensive, cross-line data and information strategy across Medicinal Sciences covering both internal and external data sources. Working closely with key leaders across Medicinal Sciences, Business Technology, and external organizations, this individual will champion the development and application of contemporary approaches towards making data, information, and knowledge more discoverable, accessible, mineable, and modelable in support of Medicinal Sciences strategic priorities.
• Provide thought leadership in the definition, design, and implementation of solutions for advanced data mining, modeling and business analytics capabilities across Medicinal Sciences. Monitors the external environment and the company internal practices and solutions for tools, services and trends in this space.
• Deliver thought leadership on new approaches to managing, analyzing and reusing data, while maintaining excellence in data stewardship, integrity, and regulatory compliance.
• Lead the evaluation and implementation of advanced data solutions. Coordinates across and collaborates with end users, business analytics teams, data management teams and Business Technology teams to drive optimal use of data and analytics tools for business purposes.
• Provides strategic recommendations on data collection, maintenance, integration (including external data) and retention, incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices.
• Develop and present business cases to stakeholders at various organizational levels within Medicinal Sciences and Business Technology
• Deliver functional / business leadership for major new BT projects involving Medicinal Sciences cross-line data and information systems, e.g. Research Data Store
• Provides strategic recommendations on data alignment across WRD lines to ensure reportability, traceability and lineage of data as well as the ability to summarize, add context to or integrate data.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
• 10+ years of experience working in data analytics, business intelligence or related field
• 10+ years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Knowledge of scientific lab environments and procedures is a plus
• Experience working with Discovery and Development data
• Experience integrating publicly available scientific data sources with internal, proprietary data
• Extensive knowledge of Information Architecture, Database design, Information Strategy, Data Modeling
• Business case development, project management, experience leading matrix teams
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of computer systems validation
• Experience in full SDLC for enterprise systems
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.