At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Data Scientist and Software Development Specialist to join the Consumer Business Group's Analytics Center of Excellence located in Maplewood, Minnesota Job Summary:
You will be part of a team developing world-class processes and tools for integrating machine learning and statistical computing into everyday business critical operations ranging from inventory optimization to consumer segmentation to multichannel marketing optimization. You will discover insights hidden in vast amounts of data, synthesize and distribute information to improve business critical decisions, and help prototype and build automated, intelligent systems.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating business intelligence dashboards that provide summary level information and options to drill into details
- Developing and applying state-of the-art data visualization methods to diverse datasets
- Collaborate to invent proprietary computational/decision support tools
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for data visualization
- Executing ad-hoc analysis to support business critical decisions, and presenting results in a clear manner
- Developing intuitive UI solutions to enable broad use of statistical computing and machine learning algorithms
- Collaborate with teams developing new to 3M and new-to-the-world capabilities integrating computational intelligence processes into business operations
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Experience in software development and data visualization
- Master's degree or higher or in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, or Statistics from an accredited university
- Completed undergraduate and/or graduate course(s) in data visualization
- Strong working knowledge of UI/UX processes and tools from discovery, research, design, prototyping, requirements definition, and full-scale development
- Proficient with statistical computing and machine learning toolsets including R and Python
- Previous experience applying advanced data visualization techniques and methods in a business/industrial setting
- Proficient at building and deploying visually appealing integrated dashboards and reports with interactive capabilities
- Agile - Scrum experience
May include up to 5% travelRelocation Benefits:
Are not authorized for this position
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.