Data Visualization specialist
Posted: July 02, 2017
Reference ID: 1209859
Who You Are
Are you ready to be part of Global Sales and Customer Success data science team? Our data science team is an incubation hub for a range of initiatives that are changing the sales, partner, and customer experience. The team has been recognized for innovation both internally and through external industry awards.
Who You'll Work With
We are seeking a creative and experienced Data Visualization expert to build our team's visual and interactive portfolio from the ground up. As our team's first data visualization hire, we expect you to have experience delivering at each stage of visualization to take a project from pitch to design to user interaction. This role will work with data from within our team and around Cisco.
What You'll Do
Our team operates like a startup, so the ability to produce excellent work on a short deadline, learn quickly, and self-motivate are imperative. Because we trust our talent, we expect you to be able to produce work with minimal direction and supervision.
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction, or related
• Ability to create tools for visualizing and interacting with insights derived from predictive, statistical models.
• Experience in a compiled language (Java, C++, etc.)
• Experience using design software
• Experience with cartography and mapping skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Experience working on multidisciplinary teams
• Compelling and interactive online portfolio
• Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience in data/visual journalism
• Experience with statistical programming languages
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.