Oracle is growing its startup Cloud Infrastructure engineering organization in downtown Seattle, focused on creating new Cloud (IaaS) services from scratch - compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an expanding set of foundational services, operating at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team of highly regarded tech industry veterans in a greenfield venture, using a fresh approach and cutting edge technologies to build an innovative new cloud platform. We are seeking a driven, and seasoned data engineer with strong expertise in all of the data warehousing technical components such as Extract Transform Load (ETL), Data Modeling and Reporting, infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. You should have extensive experience with Star Schemas, Dimensional Models, and integration of business intelligence and analytics software such as Tableau. You will be expected to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL design and mappings. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the candidate will work very closely with diverse teams such as Business Planning, Product Management, and Engineering. The data tools you build will help drive the review of KPIs and key metrics for the Cloud Infrastructure Business. Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Design, implement and support a data warehouse platform for Oracle's cloud business
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Design and plan for the integration for all data warehouse technical components
- Responsible for data design, data extracts and transforms
- Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or technical field
- 5 years of experience with and detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures
- 5 years of experience with relational data modeling concepts
- Experience in relational database concepts with knowledge of Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.