We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands customers’ business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems; Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, as required. Essential Job Functions
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Provide Subject Matter expertise on Claims Handling systems.
- Participation in defining data model, deployment plan, design and code reviews.
- Defining the high level solution with the help of Requirement and architect team.
- Performance tuning of existing applications to improve load run times, Resolve bottlenecks and optimize applications.
- Ensures strong business relationships by responding to all business requests and serving as one of the primary point of contacts from the IT side.
- Involvement in the training of team members in technical/Functional aspects for the project.
- Coordination with different vendors.
- Involvement in sizing and reviews of the project with product vendors.
- Eight (8) years of IT experience, including 4 years in Business Intelligence having one full life cycle of the project.
- Minimum 6 years of on hand experience in Informatica.
- Minimum 6 years of on hand experience in Oracle and other relational data base systems, PLSQL, relational and dimensional modeling.
- Working knowledge of OBIEE 11g/12c.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Autosys and DAC.
- Excellent communication skills, experience working with external vendors and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to coordinate the flow of development initiatives.
- Knowledge of Siebel data model, Guidewire claim center, and claim handling process will be a plus.
- Prior experience of infrastructure sizing and reviewing vendor products will be a plus.
- Prior experience of insurance industry will be a plus.
Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience. Experience Requirements:
Level II: 8 years of experience in application development / testing or business / system analysis role or 2 year as an Application SME Level I. Special Skill Requirement
May require occasional traveling. Good written and oral skills in local language. Able to give information in English and passively participate in team meetings. Understands routine business conversations and letters and is able to communicate with few errors.
Internal Title: Application SME II Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: