Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Alternative Investment Services (AIS) is a group within State Street, servicing Clients on a variety of fronts i.e. NAV accounting, TAX filing, Financial Reporting, Broker Reconciliations, etc. The Enterprise Servicing Platform (ESP) built on EXADATA (ORACLE) technologies is a self-service tool set used by external clients & Internal Users to fulfill variety of reporting & filing needs.
We seek an experienced senior developer who will be responsible for performing various development related activities on EXADATA / ORACLE platform which hosts Accounting data in near-real time, performing various development tasks but not limited writing stored procedures, building data marts, facilitating replication of new data (ETL) scripts), UNIX Shell scripts, etc. We are looking for a candidate with communication skills and who aspires to a leadership position in the future within the organization.
The candidate will focus primarily on maintaining the existing scripts and incorporating any new SQL statements / marts /Interactive Views into the existing framework. The candidate should be well versed in ANSI SQL and must know PL/SQL.
• 4 years of development experience
• a bachelors degree in computer science
• Experience with developing reporting Data Marts preferably utilizing a Business Intelligence tool.
• Has experience in a role of a ETL development for a Data Warehousing application.
• Working knowledge of Data Warehousing / Data modeling concepts.
• Strong SQL aptitude.
• SQL Performance tuning skills.
• UNIX Shell scripting.
• Pro-active development demonstrated in practical experience.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to proactively identify and resolve project issues
• Experience in the financial industry. Hedge Fund industry, a great plus
• Familiarity with Agile concepts / methodology
Desired Experience / Skills
• Proficient in building Data marts
• Star schema data architecture, a plus
• Front-end BI development
• Sybase 15 and higher
• Oracle 9 and higher
• Report development i.e. Crystal Reports, COGNOS, Qlikview, Japersoft, etc.
• Analyze existing SQL / Unix Scripts and improving them to achieve better performance
• Design and develop new Data Marts
• Develop Unix Scripts to support platform enhancements and migrating history data
• Collaborate with global team to achieve business delivery
• Identify, escalate and resolve development-related issues
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID: 170080
Location: Princeton, NJ
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.