Robert Half Technology is looking for a database administrator who loves the challenge of solving problems with multiple layers of complexity. If you are an efficient problem solver with highly tuned decision making skills, this may be the position for you.
What you get to do every single day:
- Install, configure, and maintain all SQL Server instances across development, staging, and production environments.
- Ensure database server topology, configuration, and maintenance are designed and executed to meet SLA objectives.
- Advise on database design, tuning options, and other potential issues.
- Fix SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after hours and weekends.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms.
- Baseline system performance and monitor for deviation, recommending and implementing improvements to slow running queries.
- When performance issues arise, you'll figure out the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.