Robert Half Technology is partnering with an expanding company to find a Database Administrator with a background in complex problem solving. This position would be a great fit for an efficient problem solver with fine-tuned decision-making skills. The opening for a long term temporary-to-fulltime Database Administrator is available in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Give advice on database design, tuning options, and other possible issues
- Reduce false alarms to a minimum by configuring database monitoring utilities
- Baseline system performance, monitor for deviation, and recommend and implement improvements to slow running queries
- Restore service to databases as outages happen, including after hours and on weekends
- Determine the best way to improve performance, whether through hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Ensure database server topology, configuration, and maintenance are designed and executed to meet SLA objectives
- Maintain all database instances across development, staging, and production environments, handling installations and configurations as needed