Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people. Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for maintaining relational & NoSQL databases and associated applications as well as managing external interfaces to the databases. Additional responsibilities include continuous improvement of existing technical standards, routine maintenance and monitoring methodologies. This position requires both advanced technical knowledge and experience as well as the ability to interface with all levels of users (both staff and executive). You will be responsible for Identifying and executing proactive monitoring and maintenance to ensure database availability SLAs as well as improving database performance by applying database tuning practices, performance monitoring, capacity management and maintenance. SQL Tuning for ad hoc and application based query activity and shell script development as necessary to support the databases and external interfaces. You will need to manage and maintain database backup solutions, such as RMAN. Qualifications
- Degree in Electronics, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years' experience with Oracle Enterprise Database technology
- Knowledge of database running in a Unix/Linux and Windows Server environments.
- 3+ years' experience with database utilities such as: Data Pump, Export/Import, SQLLoader3+ years' experience performing basic administration, maintenance and troubleshooting databases.
- Extensive knowledge & experience with SQL tuning techniques
- Self-Starter: Ability to work independently on short and medium term projects.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills are a must in this position.
- Solid communication skills with ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical teams
- Requires participation in on call rotation (includes evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
- Knowledge and understanding of common project management concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of general ITIL concepts
- Experience with PostgreSQL and/or Enterprise DB Advanced Server is a plus
- Experience with Oracle Real-Application Clusters (RAC) and (Active) Data Guard is a plus.
- Experience with Postgres, Microsoft SQLServer, AWS Redshift, IBM Netezza and/or other comparable database technologies is a plus
- Experience with database utilities such as: SPSS, NZBackup and/or AWS Redshift COPY command is a plus
- Experience in a Service Delivery Level 2 Support team is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.