Senior Database Administrator will be part of the Oracle CloudOperations team and will be responsible for the24/7/365 support of fast pace the production hosted environments .Must be customer-centric, goal-oriented, self-directed and have theability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously with anunwavering dedication to operational excellence.
Must be a motivated,team-player with the ability to work cross functionally with a"can-do" and "do-it-right" attitude and willingness to mentorother DBAs.
Must be a self-starter andconstantly thinking a way to improve the work.
Thisposition's responsibilities include
- Participate 24x7 on call support on a weekly rotating schedule
- Responsible for performance, capacity planning and HA solution
- Evaluate new database features and make recommendations
- Develop complex Database administration automation and monitoring scripts
- Monitor and troubleshoot MySQL, MSSQL, and Oracle Database performance
- Share knowledge and mentor other DBAs as needed
- Develop and maintenance Standard Operating Procedures for DBA tasks and projects
- Deploy new Sass database and ETL environment
- Perform database upgrades and database account migrations
- Periodically perform backup/recovery to validate the backup/recover procedures
- Monitor and troubleshoot ETL processes in Oracle database and MSSQL OLAP server
- Provide escalation support for database related issues
- Provide technical and business guidance for complex user problems
- Provide design assistance to Engineering department for new and existing releases
- Attend weekly Production Support team meetings and participate team building activities.
- Other duties, as assigned
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle database and database tools. May act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Success at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is greatly preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.