IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries. Bottom line? We out think ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Database Administrator (ATG Middleware) responsibilities include:
- perform installations of database and application software in multiple environments
- troubleshoot incidents in production and other environments
- create sbackups using installed packages and perform recovery as needed
- Redhat Linux and Unix setup, configuration and support
- Write scripts using PL/SQL and other application specific tools
- Optimization of the application databases
- Coordinate incident resolution and management with infrastructure and application teams.
The work location is Virginia Beach, VA. This position requires an active DoD Secret Clearance.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.