At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to address core business challenges within MetLife. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Cary Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
The Oracle Database Administrator will be responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the Oracle database system. The DBA will be responsible for the build and testing of new database environments and the enhancement, administration, backup and implementation support for 11g and 12c database systems on AIX and RedHad Linux.
- Creation and configuration of new Unix and Linux database server environments and creation of new 11g/12c database environments; Technical knowledge and experience with database environments, tools, utilities, configurations, backup and recovery, job scheduling, release management, change management and compliance.
- Manage database elements, including creation, alteration, deletion and copying of schemas, databases, tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers and declarative integrity constraints.
- Knowledge of all key Oracle utilities such as RMAN, OEM, DataPump, Active DataGuard and OID
- Consults and advises application development teams on database security, query optimization and performance.
- Creation and management of the database maintenance processes and jobs (such as backups, weekly DBA maintenance trails, statistics, reorgs).
- Document database maintenance processing flows per standards.
- SQL & PL\SQL programming skills are a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts.
- 3-5 years related experience in IT including experience with Oracle 12c and 11g,
- 3-5 years Unix and Linux operating systems.
- 2-3 years Korn shell scripting.
- Previous experience in insurance, financial services or management consulting organizations a plus.
- Previous experience effectively leading or participating in matrixed teams.
- Operational, service and technical knowledge in multiple Information Technology disciplines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong scripting skills as relevant to DBA functions and activities.
- Good analytical skills.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline preferred or 5 years of equivalent experience. Travel
10-15% Business Category
Global Technology and Operations
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.