At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Database Administrator for the Electronic Monitoring facility located in Odessa, Florida. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Database Administrator
will administer Microsoft SQL Servers and databases. Creates and maintains database backups, maintenance plans, log shipping, SSIS packages, and disaster recovery plans. This is an individual contributor position that is critical to the business and reports to the R&D Manager and will become the subject matter expert. The Database Administrator will operate with a high degree of autonomy in a 24x7 highly transactional environment and will be on call. This position requires additional background screening due to the sensitive nature of the data.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's disaster recovery plan
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business' disaster recovery plan
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- As new systems are brought online, choose whether to use clustering, availability groups, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies
- Install and configure new SQL Servers as needed
- Convert table data types as needed on large production databases
- Deploy database scripts provided by software development team
- Manage user rights to ensure a secure environments
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document the company's database environment, recovery plan, and maintenance strategy
- Bachelor's degree or higher with an accredited learning institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working as a Database Administrator
- Experience working with big data in a highly transactional 24x7 environment
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Database Engine, SSIS, and SSRS) setup and administration
Location: Odessa, Florida Travel: May include up to 10% travel Relocation Benefits: Are authorized for this position
- Experience with IDERA SQL Server Tools preferred
- Ability to review SQL scripts provided by development to ensure they are safe to deploy
- Ability to effectively communicate database related policies with other technical staff members
- Ability to interface well with Professional Service staff and other non-technical members of the organization regarding maintenance and disaster recovery strategy
- Experience with Power Shell
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.