The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for analyzing data and disseminating the insights generated to carry out these functions.
- Queries data and creates reports in response to ad hoc requests from internal and external clients.
- Tracks and monitors progress on reports and analyses and coordinate with project members.
- Works with customers and Analytics colleagues to understand and document business needs.
- Develops and maintains knowledge in risk management, patient safety and loss prevention activities, and reflects understanding back in analytical work.
- Developing new approaching techniques to analyze data and produce insightful reports and models based on feedback from Leadership.
- Identifies, explores, articulates, and resolves issues surrounding data quality and analytic processes.
- Results will be validated by other Analytics colleague before presenting them to the requester.
- Partners with the IS Department in optimizing data structures and analytic tools.
- Performs other related duties and ad hoc projects as required by position.
- Identifies customer requirements, data, summarizes results, providing suggestions, follows policies regulations, and obtains sign-offs.
• Thinking on you're feet
• Good communication skills– oral & written
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Able to prioritize
• BA/BS degree required - 3+ years relevant experience in analytics or statistics. Advanced degree preferred.
• Experience in healthcare preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency with some statistical analysis or reporting software required, familiarity with Business Objects and/or SAS a plus
• Knowledge of relational databases and familiarity with Structured Query Language (SQL) are pluses
Exchanging routine information with coworkers in the department, outside the department or with clients/members or consultants or vendors.
No direct people management responsibilities
- Informational or incidental for use by others in relation to important end results
1) within the department
2) across enterprise
- Works independently or collaboratively with general direction and supervision
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.