IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
- In this exciting role you will be responsible for data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation.
- Provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
- Advise applications development staff and users on data-based solutions to business problems, data architectures, data base management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
- Coordinate the data administration technical function for data warehouse, data mart, and business intelligence development and maintenance.
- Monitor databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data and is responsible for quality control of the database activities.
- Plan the technical transitions between development, testing, and production phases of the workplace.
- Perform data warehouse design and construction. Codes and documents scripts and stored procedures.
- Develop appropriate programs and systems documentation.
- Assist with metadata repository management.
- Prepare and implements data verification and testing methods for the data warehouse.
- May be assigned responsibility for the management of the function, including associated staff.
- Review Software Requirements
- Develop and write code
- Test software code
- Participate in meetings conferences
- DoD Secret Clearance Required Day 1
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policiesBENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
PSHJ 1SCTY DCHJ GBSPSDC DODAL17
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.