Enterprise Database Management is the CoE for database management within Wells Fargo. This position provides senior level capabilities relative to database administration for the company. This new hire will be the Wealth Investment Management LOB DBA Team Lead. NOTE: The person will NOT be a typical operational dba who focuses on administration tasks for their own set of databases every day but would be a key point person to team members assisting in activities such as troubleshooting, backup and recovery, performance tuning etc.
- Develop operational policies, procedures, controls and standards
- Develop, implement and maintain automation efficiencies using scripting languages (PERL, KornShell) in a UNIX environment
- Collaborate with partners to resolve company database policy compliance and vulnerability violations
- Develop and maintain implementation guides and maintenance processes and documentation
- Database software certifications, roadmap planning and maintenance management
- Perform database environment capacity planning and availability management
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for complex production problems to include experience with escalation and communication of the problem to senior management
- Consult with and advise senior management on high impact database solutions and database management topics
- Consults extensively with multiple groups, to lead initiatives that could have enterprise impact
- Provide oversight, mentoring, and leadership to less experienced staff
- Leads the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases
- Consults with and advises senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction
- Handles and leads various large-scale or highly complex data/database management activities including one or more of the following:
- Designing highly complex logical and/or physical databases in Oracle
- Leading highly complex data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts
- Developing management policies, procedures and standards; and
- Gathers business requirements identification, analysis and development
- 7+ years of database design and administration experience
- 7+ years of UNIX experience
- 7+ years of Oracle DBA experience
- 7+ years of performance tuning experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience developing and cultivating professional relationships
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in backup and recovery, application patching, cloning, maintenance and problem solving within the
Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c environment
- Oracle database architecture experience with Oracle 11gR2 and 12c
- Very strong understanding of container and pluggable databases
- Advanced Golden Gate/Data Guard knowledge
- Ability to plan project timelines, schedules, etc. using MS Project, excel, SharePoint for multiple projects
- 5+ years of experience in leading and supporting upgrade activities within the Oracle 11g or greater environment.
- 5+ years of experience with Med (1TB) to Large (30 TB) sized databases
- 3+ years of experience with Golden Gate data or Shareplex replication
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and trace data related issues throughout the architecture
- Infrastructure Delivery Experience
- Must be strong in analyzing how Oracle resources are being used during SQL executions.
- Ability to write and maintain high quality documentation
- 2+ years of experience with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Unix scripting experience
- Familiarity and experience operating in an enterprise environment using formal procedures and policies required for escalation and outage resolution
- Ability to work on call as assigned
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
A little about us:
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.