The Data Architect will be responsible for defining how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way.Their primary responsibilities will be to:
- Organize data at the macro level (i.e. which subject areas are managed in which goldensources)
- Organize data at the micro level, data models, for a new application.
- Provide a logical data model as a standard for the goldensource and for consuming applications to inherit.
- Provide a logical data model with elements and business rules needed for the creation of DQ rules.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- Foundation in systems development: the data architect should understand the system development life cycle; software project management approaches; and requirements, design, and test techniques. The data architect is asked to conceptualize and influence application and interface projects, and therefore must understand what advice to give and where to plug in to steer toward desirable outcomes.
- Depth in data modeling and database design: This is the core skill of the data architect, and the most requested in data architect job descriptions. The effective data architect is sound across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization. In his experience this skill extends to SQL development and perhaps database administration.
- Breadth in established and emerging data technologies: In addition to depth in established data management and reporting technologies, the data architect is either experienced or conversant in emerging tools like columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data. While not necessarily deep in all of these technologies, the data architect hopefully is experienced in one or more, and must understand them sufficiently to guide the organization in understanding and adopting them.
- Ability to conceive and portray the big data picture: When the data architect initiates, evaluates, and influences projects he or she does so from the perspective of the entire organization. The data architect maps the systems and interfaces used to manage data, sets standards for data management, analyzes current state and conceives desired future state, and conceives projects needed to close the gap between current state and future goals.
- Ability to astutely operate in the organization: Well respected and influential, Able to emphasize methodology, modeling, and governance, Technologically and politically neutral, Articulate, persuasive, and a good salesperson, and Enthusiastic
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.