Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Information security is an integral part of Visa's corporate culture. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, and it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Information security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and/or the bottom line, and it is a priority on everyone's agenda.
The successful candidate will part of Visa Security Analytics program. Visa Security Analytics (VSA) program has an enterprise security focus, and is responsive to evolving threat landscape, regulatory compliance, IT security requirements and technology architecture. The VSA program is part of cyber security organization, handles long-term retention for security system logs and security sensor logs.
This position based in Ashburn, VA. The successful candidate will:
- Will be a part of the Security Analytics group and involved with administering Greenplum Data warehouse (GPDB) and Data Engineering activities
- Strong GreenPlum Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) Database expertise (or netezza) combined with sharp conceptual and analytical thinking
- Extensive knowledge of BI/DW architectures and experience in implementing data warehouses. Working knowledge of Hadoop is a plus
The successful candidate should have a working experience with Large (multi-terabytes) Greenplum/ Teradata/Netezza database implementations along with:
- Polymorphic Data Storage, including tunable compression and support for both row and column oriented storage within a database
- Multi-level Partitioning with Dynamic Partitioning Elimination
- High Performance gNet for Hadoop
- Understanding of cyber security threat landscape
- Dynamic Query Prioritization - Workload Management
- Self-Healing Fault Tolerance and Online Segment Rebalancing
- Experience with data warehouse and business intelligence development including data integration, schema design, data modeling, query optimization
- Simpler, Scalable Backup with Data Domain Boost
- Performance and Health Monitoring and Alerting
- Greenplum Database Extension Framework and Turnkey In-Database Analytics
- Solid understanding of performance optimization at scale, experience with large scale distributed computing environments
- Experience writing complex SQL queries and PLSQL
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl and/or shell scripting
- Will represent the team in the project meetings
- The successful candidate should be adoptive to the Visa's agile environment
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 8+ years of DBA experience with 2+ years of GreenPlum DBA experience
- Knowledge of Teradata/Netezzais a plus
- Support multiple projects and applications. Experienced with DB performance monitoring and tuning, DB backup and recovery, and DB change management
- Knowledge of Hadoop/DB2/Oracle is plus
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.