Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI)
EI is that global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
The Data engineering team provides core infrastructure and technologies to developers and business users inside Morgan Stanley to effectively administrate databases. The team also provides controlled access to databases through automation tools and orchestration engines.
Our global team of 25 technologists is looking for a motivated, dynamic database infrastructure developer to join our NY group to enhance our test data management capabilities via the introduction of self-service, database cloning capabilities. The suitable candidate will also collaborate with the rest of the team to support the Morgan Stanley distributed database administration toolset and automation strategy across various DBMS products (Sybase, DB2, MSSQL, Oracle, Greenplum and PostgreSQL).
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop and support test data as a service capabilities across Morgan Stanley DBMS platforms
- Integrate DB cloning vendor capabilities into Morgan Stanley ecosystems
- Construct PoCs to evaluate infrastructure products and options
- Develop new utilities to automate database and database server provisioning.
- Enhance database utilities for expanded functionality.
- Integrate newly identified software into the current database management systems.
- Enhance the current enterprise metadata configuration management system repository to incorporate the new functionality.
- At least 6 years of IT experience.
- At least 3 year of development experience with a high level general purpose development language like Perl or Python, or object oriented development languages like C or Java.
- At least 1 year of working experience with a relational database management system (RDBMS) such as SAP (Sybase) ASE, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2 (ESE/Blu/DPF), Microsoft SQL Server, Greenplum.
- Familiarity on software development life cycle management framework
- Working experience with software integration projects on across different flavors of hardware, network and storage(SAN, NAS, DAS) and operating systems (Linux, SunOS, and Microsoft)
- Working experience with virtualization solution (VMWare ESX) and familiarity with containerization concept
- Familiarity of Delphix Db cloning solution and VMWare ESX disk/VM snapshotting capabilities are highly desirable
- Knowledge of test data management, developer enablement concept and the technology options in support those concepts
- Knowledge of industry and technology trends and best practices in security framework, data integration, application Integration, information management, and business analytics, Cloud (IaaS, PaaS)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Information Systems.
- Experience working with management configuration systems.
- Knowledge of the internal data structures of at least two major DBMS products.
- Working knowledge of Kerberos and Active Directory.
- Experience working and managing software on a large distributed environment.
- Experience or knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of common IT processes, including ITIL and SDLC.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.