The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of IT industry experience and should possess both technical knowledge and sales/positioning skills surrounding Oracle database solutions on-premise and in the cloud. This role includes working with a dynamic inside sales team that requires direction & mentoring to achieve revenue goals
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
• Understanding of relational database concepts
• Familiarity with everyday life of a DBA
• Hands-on experience with Oracle database
• Understanding of database deployment concepts that include hardware, storage, virtualization and applications
• Demo skills highlighting database features on-premise or in the cloud
• Knowledge of Oracle database features like clustering, disaster recovery, security & enterprise management with in-depth knowledge of at least one of these areas
• Understanding of cloud deployment concepts
Preferred Business Qualifications:
• Articulating business value and benefits of different technology solutions in terms of TCO and RFI
• Leveraging and working with product management and development staff
• Comfortable in discussing technology with C-Levels particularly CIOs and CFOs
• Creative in building and implementing sales campaigns
• Goal oriented and business centric
• Ability to mentor and train less experienced Sales Engineers and Account Managers
• Excellent presentation skills
The primary focus of a Sales Consultant (Pre-sales) is to become an expert in a core set of Oracle products and solutions and to present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our partners, prospects and customers and internally to our sales force
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision, through on-line/in person sales efforts. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Internet Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships. Support sales team in online/in-person selling efforts with minimal supervision. Develop and deliver proposed solution to customers. Approximate percentage of face to face interaction with customers to perform responsibilities is 10%
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.