The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of IT industry experience and should possess both technical knowledge and sales/positioning skills surrounding Oracle database solutions on-premise and in the cloud. This role includes working with a dynamic inside sales team that requires direction & mentoring to achieve revenue goals
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
• Understanding of relational database concepts
• Familiarity with everyday life of a DBA
• Understanding of database deployment concepts that include hardware, storage, virtualization and applications
• Demo skills highlighting database features on-premise or in the cloud
• Knowledge of Oracle database features like clustering, disaster recovery, security & enterprise management
• Understanding of cloud deployment concepts
Preferred Business Qualifications:
• Articulating business value and benefits of different technology solutions in terms of TCO and RFI
• Leveraging and working with product management and development staff
• Comfortable in discussing technology with C-Levels particularly CIOs and CFOs
• Creative in building and implementing sales campaigns
• Goal oriented and business centric
• Excellent presentation skills
The primary focus of a Sales Consultant (Pre-sales) is to become an expert in a core set of Oracle products and solutions and to present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our partners, prospects and customers and internally to our sales force
As a Staff Internet Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical/functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction, through on-line/in person sales efforts. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations via the internet and/or in person. Present and articulate Oracle product*s strengths, features, benefits, and competitive advantages. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Support sales team in online/in-person selling efforts with some supervision. Develop and deliver proposed solution to customers. Approximate percentage of face to face interaction with customers to perform their responsibilities is 10%
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures.3 - 5 years business experience preferred; vendor experience also preferred. 3 years relevant computer applications or database/tools preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Knowledge of system and application design preferred. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.