Are you ready to work in a technically challenging environment at a great company that is a proven leader in the technology industry? This is your opportunity as we are looking for top talent to join our Oracle Database Security support team!
- To manage and resolve Service Requests logged by customers (internal and external) on Oracle products and contribute to proactive support activities according to product support strategy and model
- Owning and resolving problems and managing customer expectations throughout the Service Request life cycle in accordance with global standards
- Working towards, adopting and contributing to new processes and tools (diagnostic methodology, health checks, scripting tools, etc.)
- Contributing to Knowledge Management content creation and maintenance
- Working with development on product improvement programs (testing, SRP, BETA programs etc) as required
- Operating within Oracle business processes and procedures
- Respond and resolve customer issues within Key Performance Indicator targets
- Maintaining product expertise within the team
- Developing and maintaining expertise around Database Security and general IT Security issues
- Maintain an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of new products released in the market for supported product
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- 3 years of proven professional and technical experience in database, network or system administrator role.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- General Oracle Database administration
- SQL knowledge
- PL/SQL skills
- Operating system knowledge (Unix, Linux and/or Windows)
Desirable technical skills:
- Understanding of Oracle Database Security features (such as Roles, Privileges, Auditing, TDE, Database Vault and ASO)
- Understanding of Oracle Database Vault and Database Firewall
- Network administration
- Understanding of Oracle Grid Control, or at least 1 other major (non-database) Oracle product (for example EBS, Weblogic, etc.)
- Experience of administering other databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, DB2)
- Programming in C or Java
- Desire to learn, or expand knowledge, about Database Security and associated products
- Customer focus
- Structured Problem Recognition and Resolution
- Experience of contributing to a shared knowledge base
- Experience of Support level work, like resolving customer problems and managing customer expectations, and escalations.
- Planning and organizing
- Working globally
- Team Working
- Results oriented
HOURS & LOCATION:
- This role requires regular work hours of Monday to Friday, 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM Mountain Time, based at the Oracle Support Center in Lehi, Utah
- Additional occasional overtime might be expected (including weekends)
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.