Datacenter CPU Global Architect Job Description
In this role, the candidate will be part of the Datacenter Processor Architecture Team that defines and develops the architecture for CPUs used in data centers. As a member of the team, you will define, document and test IP, subsystems, and interfaces for inclusion into a SoC, subsystem specifications, and input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
- Developing conceptual architectural solutions for specific problems
- Developing detailed architectural and micro-architectural mechanisms
- Specify functional, performance, power, and configuration requirements, and working with design and validation teams to realize a solution.
- Determine, specify, and evaluate the viability of complex hardware features and structures, and ensures that software and hardware designs interface correctly
- Design framework for particular functions
- Identify, analyze and resolve subsystem and/or SoC design weaknesses
- Influencing the shaping of future products by significantly contributing to the architecture used across product families
Master's or PhD in computer architecture, computer engineering, computer science, or electrical engineering 3 years of experience definition and development of SoC or system architecture dealing with hardware/software interface, CPU, memory, and IO subsystem, setting performance goals and metrics, and writing hardware architecture specifications Preferred qualifications Experience in SoC architecture and IP integration in the areas of reset, clock distribution, configuration management, and register accesses Working knowledge of firmware and system software methods to exercise low level hardware featuresInside this Business Group
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel's next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.Other Locations
US, Oregon, Hillsboro Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.