Datacenter Deployment Technician
Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers our cloud services. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
We are responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group.
As a successful Datacenter Deploy Technician (DDT), your performance objectives will consist of:
• Collaborating with a dynamic team of professionals across the Information Technology (IT) and Critical Environment (CE) spectrums supporting deployment of on-site DC physical infrastructures – such as Servers, NetDevices, SANs, Windows Server OS Support, physical cabling, parts/component replacement, and physical hardware troubleshooting
• Executing work-orders via ticketing queues and systems in a fast-paced environment – leveraging your broad range of skills in support of deployment tasks for these state-of-the-art server and network hardware platforms built on cutting edge, datacenter industry designs and infrastructure
• Flexibility to support your datacenter(s) and delivery as a post-deployment focused contributor when required
• Participating with inventory, spare, cable, and related asset management tasks, in sensitive internal High Business Impact (HBI) environments; enabling external compliance and regulatory audit preparation
• Providing excellent customer service, (via your mature interpersonal awareness, and communication skills) to bring your technical and deployment abilities to life, while supporting Microsoft’s future success.
• At least one (1) year of experience delivering server and network deployment projects in large-scale environments
• Ability to support frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, lifting (may range from 10-50lbs on a regular basis), and working at heights
• Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles within your DC’s local jurisdiction
• Flexibility to work non-business hours (shifts) that may include weekends and/or holidays
• Technical College degree in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Applicable certifications: ASICS/Inventory Control, CompTIA, Microsoft, Network Certifications
• Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
• Strong working knowledge of CE infrastructures (e.g. UPS, Generator, AHU, etc.)
• Experience to include operating heavy-load movement equipment (pallet jacks, chassis lifts, etc.)
• Perform and execute organization’s safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.