Oracle Managed Cloud & SaaS Services is currently seeking an onsite Data Center Infrastructure engineer to help support Oracle Cloud operations business.
Don't miss this opportunity to join the company widely recognized as THE leading provider of hospitality, food & beverage and specialty retail technology worldwide. Oracle offices and products span the globe with over 330,000 systems installed in over 130 countries. Our customers are well known and respected global brands that rely on Oracle for their technology needs. We are a smart, progressive, energetic, and rapidly growing business. This is your opportunity to join the Oracle family and enjoy a fast paced, exciting career with us.
The Datacenter Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for, onsite , support of Data Center environments in multiple locations. This includes the installation and maintenance of server and networking hardware, cabling, and inventory. This position requires someone that can work independently on assigned tasks as well as interact with multiple internal managed services groups and hardware vendors. Travel is required to VA and Eastern US data centers as needed.
- You will be in charge of maintaining our data centers, including but not limited to the following:
- Installing and cabling switches, servers, and appliances in multiple data center locations
- Facilitating installation of servers and network equipment in multiple data center locations
- Managing power and space including monitoring and capacity planning
- Maintaining a consistent and clean cable management
- Managing cable and equipment inventory
- Replacing hard drives/memory/etc and other hardware related tasks as required by our server and network teams
- Assisting with planning moves or new build-outs
- Getting equipment to and from remote locations including packing/shipping
- Maintaining data center documentation
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications:
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
- Ability to identify basic parts of network equipment - SFPs, line cards, chassis
- Ability to identify basic parts of servers - memory, network card, hard drives, etc..
- Experience with identifying port locations for specific device manufacturers (Cisco, Sun, F5)
- Knowledge of structured cabling systems using cat 5e, cat 6, multi-mode and single-mode fiber
- Familiarity with both power and communications cabling standards
- Experience configuring and using cable testers for both fiber and copper to troubleshoot cabling issues
- An understanding of change control processes
- Strong "documentation mentality"
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. React to potential problems using automation, scheduling, and monitoring tools -- escalating to management where appropriate. Participate in configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 2-4 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.