Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers our cloud services. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
We are responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability. At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group.
As the successful Datacenter Inventory & Asset Technician, your performance objectives will consist of:
• Overseeing inventory, sparing and asset management of equipment such as Servers, NetDevices, SANs, (and their related internal components) physical copper & fiber cabling, filters, motors, industrial lubricants, high-end electrical components, etc.
• Coordinating with a dynamic team of professionals across the Information Technology (IT) and Critical Environment (CE) spectrums to support complex, dynamic, shipping & receiving for aforementioned equipment, and resources for support staff across these disciplines in your datacenter(s).
• Leveraging your broad range of skills in an exciting and fast-paced environment, assisting with third party logistics escorting, processing Return to Manufacturer Authorizations (RMAs), Purchase Order (PO) processing & maintenance -- for enabling deployments and maintenance of physical infrastructures supporting Microsoft's online services in your datacenter(s)
• Providing excellent customer service (with your mature interpersonal awareness, and communication skills) to bring your technical and logistical abilities to life, in support of Microsoft’s future success.
• At least two (1) years of experience supporting IT equipment or related technology
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note, Outlook)
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to support a vast group of teams spread across the globe including teams in America, LATAM, Europe, and Asia
• Technical College degree or certification in ASICS/Inventory Control, Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
• Ability to work non-standard business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays
• Perform and execute organization’s safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.