Business Function Overview:
Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers our cloud services. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
We are responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group.
As a successful Datacenter Project Manager, your performance objectives will consist of:
• Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
• Establish and enhance strong working relationships with customers
• Create and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on time delivery
• Plan, manage, and communicate end-to-end project plans with stakeholders and teams
• Perform day to day project check-in and update to manage project delivery and quality
• Identify risks, gaps, and opportunities and communicate to stakeholders and other teams to drive resolution
• Gather and provide feedback on lessons learned, best practices, and innovations on process/procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and productivity
• Work with various Engineering, Operations, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, DC Build Managers, and Regional Technical Infrastructure Managers during project planning and execution
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.