Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers our cloud services. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
We are responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group.
As a successful Datacenter Technician, your performance objectives will consist of:
• A strong desire and capability to learn, grow and develop new
• Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all
aspect of datacenter activities
• Establish and enhance strong working relationships with
various internal teams and external suppliers
• Understand overall ticket management process
• Perform power cycles, swap out failed components, handle
storage media, and perform troubleshooting
• Perform cable installations, testing and troubleshooting using
standard data center processes
• Perform hardware installations – rack / stack
• Physically assist in moving and racking equipment
• Update inventory systems as required
• Ability to work non-business hours (shifts) that may include
weekends and/or holidays
• As required, assist Datacenter Deployment team with the
deployment of datacenter infrastructure as needed to address
high volume work activity
• As required, assist Datacenter Inventory and Asset
Management Team with shipping/receiving and inventory
management to address high work volumes
• As required, assist performing and executing safety programs
and policies, as well as compliance knowledge assessments
Required Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 6+ months of experience handling/maintaining IT equipment,
machinery or related technology
Preferred, but not required Skills and Experience:
• Experience supporting IT equipment or related IT experience
• Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructure components
• Experience operating heavy-load movement equipment (pallet
jacks, chassis lifts, etc.)
• High standard concerning quality and accountability
• Ability to support frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling,
bending, reaching, lifting up to 50lbs, and working at heights
• Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic
transmission vehicles within your DC’s local jurisdiction
• Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US
Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
• Flexibility to work non-business hours (shifts) that may include
weekends and/or holidays
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.