Looking for a Data Center Technician who will be responsible for maintaining the Service Manager tickets for Datacenter preparation for hardware and infrastructure changes(Servers) to support the business. This person will review tickets for other technology teams and validate the space, cmooling, power and network connectivity for the gear.
Should be able to understand and use basic Microsoft Office tools.
* Should be able to understand how to read network topologies and/or blueprints.
Day to Day:
* Check emails
* Check HP Service Manager for work tickets
* Install/test/terminate/label cables for various types of servers, storage devices, security devices, and network devices.
* Install network devices and security devices
* Troubleshoot cabling issues as they come in
* Communicate with various teams of people to complete various projects, installs or retirements
* Escort of various Telco vendors such as Verizon or AT&T, typically on installs
* Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.