Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Datalinks Software Developer. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- The Embedded Data Link Software Engineer will develop "C" code software solutions to meet system requirements, specifically in the domain of embedded data links such as CAN/J1939. This requires datalinks engineer to have knowledge on 8-, 16- and 32 bit microcontrollers (ARM Power PC) from various manufacturers.
- Developing Requirements, software design, static and dynamic code analysis, software implementation, and development/execution of test procedures.
- Interfacing between hardware and software as well as evaluating the operational performance of an overall system.
- Participates as a team member and actively contributes towards team goals.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrates good understanding and applies knowledge of an engineering discipline.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- 3 year's industry experience developing embedded software solutions.
- Strong C/C skills on RTOS and non RTOS.
- Experience with automotive communication protocols such as CAN, J1939.
- Proficient in utilizing CANalyzer and CANape.
- Proficient in use of debugging tools (in-circuit debugger, emulator, troubleshooting tools such as Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, etc.)
- Worked on both Windows and Unix/Linux based development environments.
- Skills on Matlab/Simulink, XCP, UDS and CAN FD would be an added asset.
- Experience with software development version control tools such as Clearcase, Integrity.
- Good people interaction and teamwork skills.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
College, University, or equivalent degree in Engineering required. Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins