McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
We are seeking a DataStage Administrator to join our team in Richmond, VA. This role will require understanding and ability to design with InfoSphere Information Server platform internals, shell scripting and databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server) and Unix. Candidate must possess excellent skills managing multiple tasks and engagements simultaneously.Position Description
This role will administer to the IBM InfoSphere DataStage 11.5 environment.
- Patching and upgrading binaries
- Creating metadata repository databases on UNIX/Linux platforms
- Monitoring environment for performance and stability
- Designing and Developing processes for alerting and monitoring
- Designing and implementing security and encryption/PCI compliance for sensitive data
- Supporting integration and tuning connection with data sources as HortonWorks, SalesForce, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server and Essbase
- Setting up SSO by configuring connection with Federated LDAP
- Supporting DataStage code migration and testing in test/production environments
- Work with other team members to trouble shoot and resolve DataStage issues
- Documenting processes and preparing/generating presentations/reports as required from management or customer
- Mentoring developers on data integration/DataStage concepts
- Coding techniques and standards
- Performing design reviews, code walkthroughs
- Advising about remediation “opportunities”
- Ensuring alignment with best practices and standards.
- Code Migration and version control across environment
- Supporting DataStage Server Restarts
- Server Maintenance and cleanup
- Implementing backup and restore strategy, policies and procedures
- Tuning DataStage and applications from infrastructure perspective
- Maintaining and documenting audit and SOX compliance of databases supported by the team
- Day-to-day operational decisions
- Effective decision-making to support business and customers
- Strategic decision making responsibilities including design and implementation of a stable, secure, high performance infrastructure for the application/customer
- Design High Availability, Backup/Restore/Disaster Recovery, Clustered solutions that interact seamlessly with other homogenous and heterogeneous platforms using links, replication products and/or related technology
- Creating documentation including artifacts needed to raise and support an IBM ticket (PMR)
- Reviewing and managing ILMT (IBM Licensing Management Tool) reporting
4+ years experience in Windows, Mainframe or UNIX systems administrationCritical Skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- 2+ years of DataStage administration experience
- 2+ years of experience in InfoSphere Information Server
- Certification in Data Integration, DataStage or related field from a reputed education provider (eg TDWI, IBM etc)
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong presentation skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Ability to effectively lead and deliver multiple projects concurrently
4-year degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.